Below are the different panels that I have created in photo-shop which I have used a variety of filters in order to change the appearance of the original texture. I have used the high pass filter in order to reduce the noise and make the texture easier to tile using the clone stamp tool to get rid of the seams. After this I then created an ellipsis and inverted it to create the lighter color against the background texture, then I made the pattern by rotating it into different locations. When the original tile was finished I then went onto make the side tile and then the middle tile. For this I created black and yellow pattern and overlayed it onto the texture. I then added scratches and some dirt towards the edges where it would gather in reality. Finally to make the middle tile I created the lined pattern and imported another texture to have in the middle to break up the texture.
Here is the final image showing the tile textures using planes in maya, as you can see on the side tiles the black pattern builds up in places meaning that it cant be duplicated properly as you can easily see where one tile ends and the other begins. Due to this I will be going back into the texture to sort this out and also I am going to add extra details to the middle tile and also an alpha channel to make certain areas transparent.




No comments:
Post a Comment